Re: [ARSCLIST] NY Times: Researchers Play Tune Recorded before Edison

I actually have 3 copies of the RCA LP, all in varying states of playability.
One looks as if it was caught in a tight cabinet at the CBC for 30 years
(pressure spots, warp).

dl

Dave Weiner wrote:
I have the Decca LP too - I've also seen a 1955 (?) RCA LP of computer music that I'd love to get my own copy of.

Dave W.

--- Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Who else here,besides me,owns this ?

http://www.317x.com/albums/i/IBM/card.html
I don't have that, but I have a copy of Bell Labs' "He Saw
the Cat", a demonstration of "synthetic speech." At the end,
the computer sings "Daisy" (with a musical accompaniment
"by another computer") which has been credited as the
inspiration for HAL singing that song in "2001" as his
higher functions are being disabled by Dave.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for Yahoo! users and friends. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text1.com