Re: [ARSCLIST] Exactly how many labels did RCA press records for in the 50s/60s ?

No, he's accurate. I have a bubch of them in a Seeburg carton.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Exactly how many labels did RCA press records for in the 50s/60s ?

Are you sure you don't mean the 7" 33 1/3 "mini Lps" ?

Roger

Dan Nelson <dnelsonone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Totally different pressings were done by RCA for
Seeburg Industrial music, at least it appears that
way.
Somewhere around 1963 the Seeburg juke box company
introduced a special industrial "juke box" that played
9" 16 2/3 rpm micro groove recordings. (.5mil stylus).
Discs for this unit have characteristics of RCA
pressings. i,e raised outer edge on the disc with
lower playing surface and raised label area. Ive
managed to find what looks like an occasional "I" in
the lead out which might indicate RCA's Indinapolus
pressing plant.
Labels indicate that source material was provided by
Decca Custom productions, Columbia Special products,
Capitol Custom and RCA Custom Records.
All the reccordings are from the same pressing
configuration, 9" o/s dia with 2" center hole.
Ok guys + any gals, who can shed some light on this
operation ??
don ward

Looking for last minute shopping deals?