Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA pressed labels in the 50s/60s ?

These Seeburg discs are 9 inches in diamater and have
a 2" center hole, where as 45's have 1 1/2"  and
78s/LP's  have 5/16.
They also play at a very slow 16 2/3 rpm with
aproximately 45 minutes of music per side.
They are played with  a .5 mil stylus instead of the
.7/.1 for 45s and lps.
dnw

--- Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Are you sure you don't mean the 7" 33 1/3 "mini
> Lps" ?
>
>                                    Roger
>
> Dan Nelson <dnelsonone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Totally
> different  pressings  were done by RCA for
> Seeburg Industrial music, at least  it appears that
> way.
> Somewhere around 1963  the Seeburg juke box company
> introduced a special industrial "juke box" that
> played
> 9" 16 2/3 rpm micro groove recordings. (.5mil
> stylus).
> Discs for  this unit have characteristics of RCA
> pressings. i,e  raised outer edge on the disc with
> lower playing surface and raised label area.  Ive
> managed to find what looks like an occasional "I"
> in
> the lead out  which  might indicate RCA's
> Indinapolus
> pressing plant.
> Labels indicate  that source material was  provided
> by
> Decca Custom  productions, Columbia Special
> products,
> Capitol Custom and RCA Custom Records.
> All the reccordings  are from the same pressing
> configuration, 9" o/s dia with 2" center hole.
> Ok guys +  any gals,  who can shed some light on
> this
> operation ??
> don ward

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.