From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dnjchi@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:28 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Exactly how many labels did RCA press records
for in the 50s/6...

In a message dated 3/19/2008 7:13:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dnelsonone@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Totally  different  pressings  were done by RCA for
Seeburg Industrial  music, at least  it appears that
way.
Somewhere around 1963   the Seeburg juke box company
introduced a special industrial "juke box"  that played
9" 16 2/3 rpm micro groove recordings. (.5mil stylus).
Discs  for  this unit have characteristics of RCA
pressings. i,e  raised  outer edge on the disc with
lower playing surface and raised label  area.  Ive
managed to find what looks like an occasional "I"   in
the lead out  which  might indicate RCA's  Indinapolus
pressing plant.

Back in the summer of 1963 I had an engine breakdown, and while waiting
for
repairs in Des Moines (IA), I chanced upon a jukebox company nearby.
The
owner showed me a new jukebox that "took a finer stylus than the LP", he
said.
Through the years I questioned in my mind the accuracy of his
statement, but
Don's posting verifies it.  Never saw one, either.

Don Chichester

**************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL
Home.