Re: [ARSCLIST] Analog to Digital Conversion - Audio and Video

Hello, Liz,

There are multiple sources of audio digitization within a day's drive of your area. Video digitization firms are less common.

Some of the sources for audio digitization are (sorted by distance):

Steve Smolian http://www.soundsaver.com/ Frederick, MD
Safe Sound Archive / George Blood http://www.safesoundarchive.com/ Philadelphia, PA
Sonicraft / Steve Puntolillo http://www.sonicraft.com/ Freehold, NJ
Doug Pomeroy mailto:pomeroyaudio@xxxxxxx Brooklyn, NY
Art Shifrin http://www.shifrin.net/ Queens, NY
Tom Fine mailto:tom.fine@xxxxxxxxx Westchester, NY
Richard L Hess (me) http://www.richardhess.com/tape/ Aurora, ON, Canada
I'm the farthest on the list at about 500 miles

We all focus on different media and while there is a lot of overlap, each of us has a slightly different focus. There are probably others, but these are the people I know and trust--people who are dedicated to audio quality.

For high-end video digitization, I'd suggest contacting David Crosthwait at www.dcvideo.com but he's in Burbank, CA. Vidipax in Queens, NY, should be able to help also.

Cheers,

Richard