Re: [ARSCLIST] Sony CD Recorder--help needed

David Lennick wrote:
A technology-challenged colleague just purchased a Sony CD recorder/copier, RCD W500C-W100 and he and I have just spent a frustrating morning trying to get it to do more than just play CDs. If anyone owns this model, can I put you and him in contact? (Machine and manual are not in my possession, so any advice that involves the manual or the remote won't be of use to me.) This has to be one of the worst written manuals I've ever encountered, but that's neither here nor there. Suffice to say that pressing the requested buttons on the remote and inserting a disc in the "play" tray and a blank in the "record" tray do not produce anything more than "blank disc" in the display panel.

Perhaps I am being simplistic, but did you try writing to "Digital Audio" discs (commonly called music discs)? It is a consumer unit, hence will not write to discs which do not pay royalties.

The user manual is posted at
> http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyleStorefrontAssetStore/pdf/RCDW500C.pdf

Interestingly, it warns about 'protected' source discs but does not mention that Sony was the worst offender.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/