Re: [ARSCLIST] Exactly how many labels did RCA press records for in the 50s/60s ?

I think I had once read something to that effect.I do,have a couple of questions :

I believe all of the Decca pressed RCAs of the period used Dynagroove stampers imported from the USA,did they not ?

What of the RCA Red Seal reel tapes of the period ? How are they different,or similar to Dynagroove Lps ?

                                         Roger

George Brock-Nannestad <pattac@xxxxxxxx> wrote: From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Roger Kulp wrote, commenting on Philip Holmes

> Yep,Dynagroove sucked the proverbial donkey balls,,but the ones pressed by
> RCA for other labels did not use that process.They sound more like LSCs.
>
> Are you aware that a lot of the RCA pop/rock/country Lps of the '63-'69 era
> were not Dynagroove ?

> phillip holmes  wrote: Usually awful sound
> identifies the Dynagroove pressing.  Later, they
> gave us Dynagroove and Dynaflex for awful sound on awful vinyl.  A pox
> on whoever had the idea.

----- one of the ideas of Dynagroove was the alleviate tracing distortion due
to spherical stylii. Elliptical or bi-radial tips like we know them were very
rare. So, the groove was pre-distorted in a way that only a spherical stylus
could un-distort. Using modern elliptical stylii is breaking the systems
approach.

----- I suspect that Dynaflex was just a gloss on saving vinyl due to the oil
crisis (1973?), and that was scandalous whoever did it.

Kind regards,

George