[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [post-war-blues] Ace and Bear Family Releases May be Unavailable in US Soon?

  FYI - Gene

  I saw this on another list and thought it would be worth passing on for
those with an interest in Ace or Bear Family releases. Sadly, these
labels put out terrific music with great liner notes that the US music
industry has no interest in reissuing. Of course, maybe they are
worried about their iTunes sales. Ironically Bear and Ace are two of
the few import labels which pay licensing fees (at least from what I
understand). Maybe it is time to get them while you can. Of course,
there will probably always be ways around this (e.g. buy direct from a
foreign source).

Art

> Greetings from your friends at Bluebeat Music....... ......
> Due to recent lawsuits brought by large multi national music
> corporations,
> many legitimately licensed titles from such respected labels as ACE &
> BEAR
> FAMILY will be unavailable here in the US soon. Even though these same
> corporations have no intention of reissuing these titles here in the US,
> they do not want these imports sold in the US.......... ......
> This follows on the heels of a push to eliminate the PROPER labels fine &
> reasonably priced box sets from the shelves in the US as well........ ..
> Needless to say, this shows what can happen when those who dont care
> about
> music take over the music industry.... ......... ......
> We have stocked up on as many titles as we can find, but the supply is
> limited..... ...
> Thanks for all your support Sincerely, Charlie Lange, owner
> Bluebeatmusic. com

Note: forwarded message attached.