Re: [ARSCLIST] 78s at ARSC

They will be tightly packed in milk crates with styrofoam squares absorbing the shock at either end. It's also smart to put the crates side-to-side in the trunk (with the ends pointing to the sides of the car rather than the front and back). This is because most shifting around in a car (especially when you're driving on a straight interstate) is stopping and starting.

Cary Ginell

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hamilton <ahamilton@xxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 9:21 pm
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 78s at ARSC

Be sure to pack the 78s well and securely. One time I was transporting an album (like a photo album) full of 78s on the front seat of my coupe'. A jogger jumped suddenly into the street in front of me, and I had to screech to a halt. The album slid off the seat and onto the floor of the car. Most of the discs were fine, but one had a crack in it. Oy. So, use either lots of bubble wrap, or maybe a comforter, or whatever else you think is good at shock absorption.?
?
_andrew?
?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink@xxxxxxx>?