To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:31 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] TAPE publishes audio tape digitisation workflow

TAPE has published web-based guidelines for digitisation. They describe the digitisation workflow for analogue open reel tapes as a step by step approach for the production of digital copies from analogue tapes from a technical point of view. Most of the workflow may also be applied to audio cassettes. The workflow was written by Juha Henriksson (Finnish Jazz & Pop Archive) & Nadja Wallaszkovits (Phonogrammarchiv, Austrian Academy of Sciences).

The workflow is mainly aimed at newcomers in the world of audio tape
digitization. It contains references to other literature and many
detailed photographs.

You will find the workflow at http://www.jazzpoparkisto.net/audio/

The TAPE project, Training for Audiovisual Preservation in Europe,
http://www.tape-online.net <http://www.tape-online.net/> , is supported
by the Culture 2000-programme of the EU.

European Commission on Preservation and Access (ECPA)
c/o Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
P.O. Box 19121, NL-1000 GC  Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visiting address: Trippenhuis, Kloveniersburgwal 29, NL-1011 JV
Amsterdam
T ++31 - 20 - 551 08 39
F ++31 - 20 - 620 49 41
http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/