Re: [ARSCLIST] BWAV / BWF tools

Hi all,
For extracting BWAV metadata I use getid3. It's a free PHP media metadata parsing utility. I have it running to return the media metadata as xml that my database can automatically import and associate with the cataloguing record. getid3 returns the audio specification and the embedded metadata including the BWF and CART extended metadata. Below is an example of some extracted BWAV data from getid3 in xml format.

David Rice
Archivist
Democracy Now!
100 Lafayette St., Rm 604
New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 431-9090 x811
Fax: (212) 431-8858
Email: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<data key="audio">
−
<dict>
<data key="dataformat">wav</data>
<data key="bitrate_mode">cbr</data>
<data key="wformattag">1</data>
−
<data key="streams">
−
<dict>
−
<data key="0">
−
<dict>
<data key="codec">Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)</data>
<data key="channels">1</data>
<data key="sample_rate">48000</data>
<data key="bitrate">1152000</data>
<data key="bits_per_sample">24</data>
<data key="wformattag">1</data>
<data key="bitrate_mode">cbr</data>
<data key="lossless">1</data>
<data key="dataformat">wav</data>
<data key="compression_ratio">1</data>
</dict>
</data>
</dict>
</data>
<data key="codec">Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)</data>
<data key="channels">1</data>
<data key="sample_rate">48000</data>
<data key="bitrate">1152000</data>
<data key="bits_per_sample">24</data>
<data key="lossless">1</data>
<data key="channelmode">mono</data>
<data key="compression_ratio">1</data>
</dict>
</data>
<data key="fileformat">riff</data>
<data key="playtime_seconds">20.1148194444</data>
−
<data key="tags">
−
<dict>
−
<data key="riff">
−
<dict>
−
<data key="author">
−
<dict>
<data key="0">Some user entered author data here</data>
</dict>
</data>
−
<data key="title">
−
<dict>
−
<data key="0">
Some user entered title data here
</data>
</dict>
</data>
</dict>
</data>
</dict>
</data>
−
<data key="comments">
−
<dict>
−
<data key="author">
−
<dict>
<data key="0">ome user entered author data here</data>
</dict>
</data>
−
<data key="title">