Re: [ARSCLIST] Collection for sale

As a seller,I am aware of the open reel tape market.On the other hand,I have a Westminster two-track,I have been unable to unload,after three listings.

What really gets me,are the big price rises I have seen in the  past year,on AC/DC (I have two Bon Scott/Valentines 45s,I paid next to nothing for on eBay,in like,2003.),and especially Van Morrison.I'm almost tempted to sell my three early70s white label promos,which I have seen with 15+ bids,and prices over $225  each.Yes,I would call that crazy.Yesterday,I saw an early 70s UK mono  "box" label press of the first Rolling Stones  Lp,like the one I once got at a Goodwill,close at $175,with 17 bids.Same  for this.

                                  Roger

carlstephen koto <cskoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Speaking of crazy,.. I collect reel to reel tapes (in a minor way)
and an auction of one came to my attention a couple of weeks ago. It
was a Japanese 7" 7.5 ips 1/4 track issue of Pink Floyd's "Adam Heart
Mother".  The reason this auction attracted the interest of several
tape collectors was that it had already reached a bid of over $400
with two days left. By the next day, it was over $700. At that point,
I speculated that it would go for over $1k. I guess that's why I
usually lose bidding wars. The final price was over $1800! We were
flabbergasted. Luckily, I suggested some reasons why a single 7" tape
could be worth that much to someone when one of the regular posters
let us know that he'd bid $1600 on the tape.
BTW reel to reel tapes have had a dramatic upswing in prices the last
year or so. But nothing like that!
Steve Koto