Re: [ARSCLIST] An option for some folks wanting to put their vinyl into their computer

I've seen it...
as firsts thing I don't like there is no decription about A/D
converter (which is a main problem in those USB turntables).
I'm not convinced by the turntable structure... (I'm sorry but the
audiophile in me can't avoid this kind of consideration!! :-D ) the
arm has not a good counterweight, so they say "balanced arm"--- but
how balanced? weight, antiskating and so on.
The cartridge section does not allow any kind of regulation (alignment
and azimuth), and I fear there is no way to change the cartridge with
a better one.
About platter weight it is impossible to judge  by a pic.
I think they are not so stupid aspects, because we may have the better
A/D converter but if we have a bad record tracking, the digitized
sound will be of poor quality.
this is my opinion
Anyway the idea of an integrated tuntable/preamp/A/D converter may be
interesting.
Thanks for your link, it's a good chance for talking about :)
bye
Alessandro Bellafiore