Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: New word? / technical term?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Houck" <louh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Intro is the prelude
> Outro is the post-lude
> Lude is the body of the work

"Intro," of course, is short for "Introduction"...and has a very specific
meaning in the "deejay industry"...that being "content it is okeh to talk
over." This is found both on records and other recorded program content.
Obviously, there is no such thing as an "outroduction" in any sense of
the word (which is a shame, as I have often been INTROduced to people to
whom I wish I could have been OUTROduced...but that's another tale, eh?!);
however, records and recorded content OFTEN finish with "outros" (the
opposite, quite logically, of "intro"...which can also be talked over
as well as informing the hapless announcer that he/she/it had better
have something else cued up and ready to play, as it will very shortly
be needed to avoid "dead air" (the curse of the deejay industry...?!)!

For this reason, timings on both singles and album tracks often look
like: 2:54 0:30 intro 0:15 outro...