From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jim Long
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:29 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Liberty Music Shop - Beatrice Lillie

In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:04:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxx writes:

> Date:    Sat, 9 Feb 2008 21:34:50 -0500
> From:    Thomas Stern <sternth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Liberty Music Shop - Beatrice Lillie
>
> Does anyone have a Liberty Music Shop 10inch LP reissue of this album,
which
> contains annotations?  I've seen only a blank liner, and a liner listing
LMS
> albums.
> Were there notes for the 78 issue? (I've only seen a couple of the 78's ,
> not the album)
> Would someone be able to  supply a scan or photocopy?

I don't have the LP reissue but have a complete 78-rpm set.  Alas, it has no
liner notes; the inside front cover that might contain notes is tan paper.
Just to be certain we are talking about the same recordings, mine is
entitled
"Thirty Minutes with Beatrice Lillie" and includes the following titles:

1.  Mad about the Boy (school girl version)
2.  Mad about the Boy (Cockney maid version)
3.  Weary of it All
4.  I Hate Spring
5.  Three White Feathers
6.  Get Yourself a Geisha
7.  The Gutter Song
8.  Marvelous Party

There is no album number; the disc labels are numbered consecutively (same
number both sides) from L-249 through L-252.  The labels also contain the
matrix
numbers, e.g., P24114, which are not consecutive.  The discs appeared to be
mastered by Capitol Records, having the typical US Capitol building imprint
in
the run-out area.

Do you know when these sides were recorded?

Jim Long
Senior Sales Support Engineer
Bosch Communications Systems
Electro-Voice