Re: [ARSCLIST] analog to digital converter question

Hi,

Nobody has mentioned the Masterlink ML-9600 which
contains good sounding a/d and d/a converters (can
convert - with dither - different rates and bits) and
also provides many other wonderful features: a CD
burner with a CD24 mode for writing data files on CD-R
media, as well as Red Book CD Masters, the ability to
copy whole CD's, with track markers, or create unique
playlists from CD tracks and/or recordings made via
its analog and/or digital inputs (SPDIF and AES); recording
at 16/20/24 bits, and 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz.  It has 20 hours
of storage space on its internal 40 Gb drive at 24 bits (30
hours at 16 bits). Also includes some useful non-destructive
digital signal processing (EQ, Compress, Normalize, etc.)

And the cost is about $799, which is less than a good A/D
or D/A (such as Benchmark or Lavry)!

This machine has forever eliminated the DAT recorder
from serious consideration.

Would you like fries with that?

Doug Pomeroy
Douglas Small wrote:

Folks,

I am a newbie to this list. I am a serious hobbiest.
The weakest link in my work is the analog to digital converter (so poor
I won't even tell you what it is).
Can anyone recommend a unit that is reliable, high quality and
relatively simple to use.
My main work is transferring LPs to CDs