Re: [ARSCLIST] Steel shelving

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi Peter:
> What about that place up in Stamford with all the used office furniture? I was
going to give them a
> call today. Given all the manufacturing/warehousing companies that have left
the CT-Boston corridor
> in the past decade, I wonder if one of these used places doesn't have a
building full of perfectly
> good used shelving?

Having once owned a set of this REAL steel shelving...and having (in error,
but I found that out later...?!) purchased several sets of the "lumber
store" modern equivalent...which looks like it would, if I placed any
significant quantity of milk-box-stored 78's on it, would gracefully
(or not) collapse into misshapen wreckage...yes, Virginia, there IS
(actually, WAS!) REAL steel shelving! Best way to acquire same would
be to somehow find out when a factory or similar facility (in my case
it was a large store) is closing down...and determine when the final
"auction of remaining assets" will occur (often found in inside pages
of the Business section of your local journal, in ads placed by the
acutioneer firm involved!).