Re: [ARSCLIST] A proposed A/B test (was "dumbing down" of Downloaded Recordings)

John Noring:

> I will assert that we cannot tell any difference between playing
> back a 78 live, and playing back a digital rendition of it from the
> same playback system, if:
>
> 1) the AD and DA steps are professional grade, 96k/24-bit or better
>    sampling

This was tested in 1984:

http://www.bostonaudiosociety.org/bas_speaker/abx_testing2.htm

More interesting read:

http://www.bostonaudiosociety.org/bas_speaker/wishful_thinking.htm

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther