Re: [ARSCLIST] The "dumbing down" of Downloaded Recordings

I agree with Roger on this subject. I think that the record companies are in a transition phase. Maybe they finally decided that suing their customers wasn't such a wise business move. In regards to the poor quality that downloaded music offers, I think that this distribution model is still in it's infancy and is slowly improving as technology has allowed it. Off the top of my head, iTunes only been around as a download source for a few years now? When it first started to sell music, it was only available as Mp3 or AACs. Then some of the downloads were available in Apple lossless. The fact that most folks migrated from dial up to DSL in the last couple of years would have made large files impractical before that. Apple's recent announcement that iTunes would begin offering HD movies with DTS 5.1 sound in March should be evidence that there is no lack of bandwidth to stream any audio format currently in use. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think that it won't be that long before iTunes makes it's next improvement in sound quality options. I just hope that they start with the "live" orchestral concerts.
Steve