Re: [ARSCLIST] Discographic question "Collector's Grab Bag"

Not a production but an item he handled for somewone else.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Discographic question "Collector's Grab Bag"

Probably so, but it doesn't look like a Willi Lerner production.

I though if anyone would know, it would be you Steve.

Karl

Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Sounds lile it was bought at Music Masters which specialized in operatic
bootlegs, from-the-audience tapes of Broadway shows, etc.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Ross"
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:00 PM

I have a copy of that thing. I don't know who issued it, but I bought it
new in New York City around 1970. I've forgotten the name of the store, but
I believe it was located on 42nd Street. The store had probably been there
for many years before that, because I found several new copies of
small-label LPs that had been out of print since the early 1960s on the
same visit.

The LP came in a white sleeve, with a single sheet of paper listing the
tracks. I have to believe that it was probably created by a New York-area
opera bootlegger.

John Ross