[ARSCLIST] Fw: [MLA-L] U.N. tape

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul T. Jackson" <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:10 AM
Subject: Re: [MLA-L] U.N. tape

Hi Steve:
Yes he was a founding member, and at the Syracuse 1966 meeting as well as some of the other earliest meetings. He also arranged for our "summit" meeting, at the U.N., of all the organizations (ca. 27 representatives at that time that showed up) that dealt with archival and educational recordings.
I suspect the tape contains, like the voice library, some oral history of actual voices of delegates. I've never actually played it, or if I did, I don't recall that event or what was on it.
I'm not really in touch with the ARSC group any longer, although when they were here, I did volunteer for front desk duty. My ISP is blocked by LC which maintains the ARSC list, so I'm unable to communicate with the group, although I guess I could have contacted the exec. officer, which I forgot about.
I guess if someone who is on both lists wants to respond and tell me where to send it, I'll do it. Can you forward the note to ARSC? ARSC material/archive was at one point at U of Maryland. Is that still being maintained there?
Thanks.
Paul

Trescott Research

Paul T. Jackson

26301 SE 424^th St.

Enumclaw, WA 98022

http://www.trescottresearch.com <http://www.trescottresearch.com/>

http://www.gatewayconcertband.org <http://www.gatewayconcertband.org/>

http://www.plateauareawriters.org <http://www.plateauareawriters.org/>

Steven Smolian wrote:
Pierre was a founding member, if memory serves. Should this go to the ARSChives?

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul T. Jackson" <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>