Re: [ARSCLIST] Kleiber Question

Not to worry, since it's been established that the Ace of Clubs issue was its first appearance (maybe concurrent with the Richmond, which I didn't know about and wouldn't have touched with a barge pole anyway).

Just to muddy the waters further, though, the Concertgebouw version WAS renumbered by Decca, as LXT 5215! This sent me on a wild search some months back when I was asked to provide a transfer of it, since everything pointed to its being a 1950 recording with a much earlier number. I was halfway through transferring the ACL 35 before realizing that I had the wrong orchestra. Incidentally, the VPO version is not particularly good sounding. Makes sense for Decca / London to retain the older one, despite a fair amount of flutter (which has been transferred to the CD reissue).

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
There were a few titles issued on London (like this one),and not issued at the same time on Decca.I wasn't aware this was one of them.My heart is giving me a lot of pain (again),so I am not about to start lifting boxes,to give you the @##$$%^& LL catalog number.

Roger