To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:17 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Airfare Alert for March Conference!

Many airlines have been posting sales over the last couple of days, so if you're planning to attend the ARSC conference at the end of March, you might wish to start shopping for airfares a.s.a.p. Since the conference occurs during the peak spring break period, you might have to act fast. I just booked a flight on Southwest that was only $99 one-way from Indianapolis on March 25th. In fact, it was actually cheaper for me to book a 3-way trip and spend a few days after the conference with family in San Diego, than it would have been to return home on a Sunday (total cost of IND-SJC-SD-IND just over $300). But I fully expect these special SW webfares to disappear within the next couple of days (many of the flights I was tracking yesterday are no longer available today). Other airlines, such as Frontier and American, have also lowered prices since the New Year.

One more travel tip- I would highly recommend Kayak.com as the best search engine for tracking airfares. If you haven't used Kayak in the past, its worth a look. Unlike Travelocity (which has the most unreliable search engine of any travel site), Kayak seamlessly directs you to the airline to make your actual ticket purchase, and the flights are always available at the quoted price.

Good luck- I hope to see you all at the conference.

BTW- many of you have been asking when the registration form will be mounted on the website. We hope to have it up by the end of next week. Meanwhile, plan on registration fees to be in the same ballpark as the Seattle conference (here's a link to the archived Seattle conference website: http://archive.arsc-audio.org/conference2006.html).

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
ARSC Conference Manager