Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-R error rates

Every writer performs optimum power calibration (OPC) on the mounted disc at
the user selected speed before writing. OPC tweaks laser power for best
results using the current writer and disc. Some writers have running OPC
that makes further adjustments during the recording process to compensate
for non-uniform media or laser drift as it heats up.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.