Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-R question

Higher capacity is achieved by crowding the tracks and shrinking the spacing
between marks and lands along the track. 63 minute CD-R discs used nominal
spacing, while 74 min. discs pushed the mark/land spacing. 80 min. discs use
marginal mark/land spacing and track spacing that is below the allowable
limit. 90 min. discs are even worse, and reputable manufacturers advise
their customers that such discs will fail in some drives.

See http://www.mscience.com/faq.html

I doubt that your objective is to make bad discs, but that will be the
result with 90 min., even if you can find them. Why not go to DVD?

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.