Re: [ARSCLIST] Fine studio, was Re: Early Mercury LP

Thanks Tyrone. This shows yet another problem in the booklet notes for that CD. Really sloppy!

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyrone Settlemier" <talk78s.settlemier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fine studio, was Re: Early Mercury LP

I was always told it was Reeves. But let's be specific. Looking in the booklet of the CD "Charlie
Parker with Strings -- The Master Takes," it seems there was a 1950 10" LP for Mercury, "Charlie
Parker with Strings" (although I question that it was a 10" LP since there were 14 songs totalling
about 18 minutes per side recorded in 2 sessions, so I'd argue this might be incorrect track info on
the CD) and there was a 1952 "EP" for Verve/Clef called "Charlie Parker with Strings."

This is probably periphial to the discussion, but I have in front of me 10" Mercury:

"Charlie Parker With Strings"

MG35010A
1. April in Paris
2. Summertime