Re: [ARSCLIST] Eric Coates on Parlophone

Eric Coates recorded with the Pro Arte Orchestra,if memory serves me
right,in the early 1950's-in fact Coates was still conducting  public
concerts up to one month before his death 50 years ago on 21st December
1957.

I recall some of these green label l.p's  on was it the Nixa label ?
Stamford Robinson also made l.p's on that label including a selection of
melodies by Lionel Monckton,a composer grossly neglected  in the recording
studios since 1970 and post-war generally apart from THE ARCADIANS  wITH A
SPLENDID HIGHLIGHTS RECORDING MADE IN THE LATE 1960'S.

Nigel Barrett .