Re: [ARSCLIST] How not to mike an orchestra/the death of high fidelity

--- Marcos Sueiro Bal <mls2137@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can only hope that the majority of listeners will
> some day rebel and
> reclaim what makes music exciting. Music will
> benefit, even if the
> market suffers. Then again, it may be precisely what
> the market needs.

There is always the notion of is it the market or is
it marketing.

What seems different to me is the evolving nature of
the role of music in our society. I fondly remember a
time when one could eat out in a place without music
and a place where one could enjoy some quiet
conversation.

Karl