Re: [ARSCLIST] A Holiday vision

I can name a few right off the top of my head,that I can say this about.Especially when played on a fine system.

"Surf's Up",and the DCC or Classic Records "Pet Sounds"

MG 50000,especially the opening "Promenade"

Ida Haendel Tchaikovsky Concerto,either with Basil Cameron (Decca) or Eugene Goosens (HMV)

The original 1961 recording of "Wonderful Land",by The Shadows

The Dells "Stay in My Corner"

Beethoven Symphony #9 Wilhelm Furtwangler and The Vienna Philharmonic

Sam Cooke "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Almost anything of Delius as done by Beecham

"Hard Times" Ray Charles and David "Fathead" Newman

"Blue Velvet" The Clovers

"Blue Moon" off the debut Elvis Presley Lp (1956) He tries to do Jimmie Rodgers,and it comes off so completely other-worldly,and unlike anything else before or since.

There are a few records I have of Chopin,that I can say this of,but the only one that comes to mind,are a couple of my Irene Scharer 78s.
 I could go on and on...

                             Roger

Bob Olhsson <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know a few singers who can bring tears to my eyes. I've never heard a
record that could do that. And I'm about as huge a fan of records as anybody
I've ever known.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com