Re: [ARSCLIST] 78rpm archaeology project

For my two final papers/proposal, I am writing a semifictional lead-in from the
perspective of a 78, from  pressing to excavation by an archaeologist. This sort
of intro actually has a bit of precedence among archaeologists, though they
usually write from the point of view of human agents. I have been watching the
National Telefilms "Making Records with Duke Ellington" short and am
wondering- was each batch of shellac compound really put into a press by hand
or was it much more mechanized and they just showed the waffle-iron press to
elucidate the process? I assume the label is applied after the record emerges
from the press..or? Here's the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=hjKlFFp4-IE
Thanks!