Re: [ARSCLIST] Barber of Bagdad question

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Mike Richter stood firm:

> George Brock-Nannestad wrote:

........SNIP .............

> > ----- surely, the last word must be "Abschluß"?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >

> > George
> >
> > (now, that was a brief mail, was it not?)
> >
> Brief, yes. "Abschluß", no. "Beschluß", yes.
>
> The OCR was accurate.

----- the only problem I have with that is that OCR apparently knows a
different breed of German than I.

OCR's sentence reads (in my translation):

Die Originalouvertüre h-moil [should be "moll"] bildet den Auftakt der
vorliegenden Aufnahme, die nachkomponierte in D-dur macht den Beschluß.

"The original overture B Minor forms the introduction to the present
recording, the later composed in D Major makes the decision"

Either this is poetic license in summing up the preceding booklet note
paragraph, or the original translator of booklet notes has picked the wrong
word; "Abschluß" would simply have meant "ending", and that makes perfect
sense to my simple mind. Provided that is what is on the record.

Kind regards,

George