Re: [ARSCLIST] (Fwd) Re: [ARSCLIST] Paris Opera Unearths 100-Year-Old Recordi

George,

If I missed the word "airborne," mea culpa!  OTOH, any squiggles recorded by both Young and Scott were transmitted to the coated paper wrapped around a rotating drum through some sort of a stylus arrangement in  both instances.  The "point" I was trying to make is that Léon Scott de Martinville was superseded by Thomas Young by almost half a century, and that he should certainly receive some share of the recognition of that fact, particularly since Young used wax-coated paper, while Scott's was coated with lamp black.  Moreover, there are quite a few references on the Internet, if one googles Thomas Young.

Howard