Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History in a Nutshell Part Deux

Am I correct in assuming the alleged "Jig Walk" cylinder by Ellington,was proven to be a false rumor ? Another close,but not quite,answer was WC Handy.First cylinder 1897,last Lp 1956,IIRC.

                                Roger

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Smolian"
> If making Pathe cylinder masters counts, then Eubie Blake is among that
> number.  If the result had to be commercially issued as a cyinder, then the
> question becomes, was Pethe in France still issuing cylinders late enough.

Seems to me we should be "working from the other end" here...! Edison
continued to issue "Blue Amberol" cylinders until the late fall of
1929...and discographies listing those do exist. So...look at the
catalog and see who, among the artists so listed, issued stereo LP's...
or even CD's? Given the 29-year difference between Amberols (1929)
and stereo LP's (1958?), there should be some artists represented
in both groups...?!

Steven C. Barr