Re: [ARSCLIST] Bruno Bachaus?

In a message dated 12/17/2007 5:54:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

WERM  lists the D Minor by Serkin, Schnabel, Arrau, Curzon and Wilhelm
Backhaus
(with Boult and the BBC Symphony, on Victor M 209 and HMV DB 1839/43), but
nobody named Bruno. The Bruno label existed in the late 50s (successor to
Colosseum)..I don't know of it having a life in the  40s.

FWIW, Bruno was the name of a large record distributor in the New York City
area then and at least through the early '50s when I worked at a record store
during college days.

Don Chichester