Re: [ARSCLIST] Fun little blog

Stephen, you wrote,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> http://waxidermy.com/

Lemmee see (haven't looked yet...?!)...

1) "Wax" is what one uses to shine up one's auto-mobile or floors...
(lots of experience with the latter during USAF basic training...?!).
"Dermy" is derived from the Latin word, "dermis"...which means "skin!"
Therefore, the logical meaning of "waxidermy" is "to shine up one's
skin until it appears glossy"...?!

2) OTOH, there exists an EXCELLENT recording of "Shine," by Bing
Crosby and the Mills Brothers...more readily available in the
reissue version...?!

Steven C. Barr

And it certainly makes sense to me!  Howard Friedman

As an aside, I've been trying to get a reply to at least half a dozen email messages I've sent to Steve Smolian over the past year or so, but have yet to get even an acknowledgment.  Strange, since his "voice" is "heard" quite frequently in these threads!