From: "David Lewis"
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] TO DAVID LEWIS: Re: Tradition/Everest/Vanguard Classics/Bernie Solomon

Garr,

It was either last year or the year before - not long ago. Bernie was a
customer of mine at the Tower Records store in Woodland Hills where I
managed and bought in the classical department. He operated out of the
office of DCC which, at the time and probably still, was also located in
Woodland Hills. The Legacy Int'l/Bescol (the "Bes-" in Bescol standing for
"Bernie E. Solomon") line was something that always vended to us by a
partner, directly out of his car. Catalogue of only 168 releases if I
remember, dirt-cheap and all derived from Everest. Probably the partner, or
perhaps even DCC, is continuing to fill your orders. Bernie definitely died;
it took me some time to find notice of it myself, but ultimately I found a
Billboard entry or something, not sure what.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

Maybe music was not intended to satisfy the curious definiteness of man.
Maybe it is better to hope that music may always be transcendental language
in the most extravagant sense. ~ Charles Ives