Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

Am I imagining things,or does iTunes sound better than WMP,especially one running Vista ?

                             Roger

"Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: At 11:36 PM 2007-12-06, Howard Friedman wrote:

>All I know is, I can copy CDA files to my hard drive through Windows
>Media Player, and they end up as MP3 files.

That is one option under the RIP tab. You can choose four different
Windows Media file formats, MP3, and WAV which they mark as "lossless".

The 44.1/16 audio coming off the CD-A via the wire is compressed one
of 5 ways in Windows Media, or WM can capture the audio coming over
the wire in its full, uncompressed format to the hard drive. It's your choice.

I have the one the kids use set to 256 kb/s MP3. I want them to hear
some semblance of the original sound.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx