Re: [ARSCLIST] December issue of Black Grooves

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> As usual, thanks for this great publication.
> The feature on Carey Bell is great. One of the best blues shows I ever saw was
Carey Bell and Tough
> Luck, a small club in Ithaca NY, 1992.

I used to be a close acquaintance of Carey Bell...and was always invited
to sit in on harmonica if I attended one of his shows in Toronto...!

In fact, I recall one night just before he quit drinking that I wound up
sitting in for him the whole last set, since he was in no shape to
perform himself (which might be one of the reasons he quit...?!). Actually,
I didn't do that badly...