Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto Hoax (was Pristine Audio (?!))

Michael Biel wrote:
Graeme Jaye mentions that Andrew Rose of Pristine Audio was the one who
uncovered the "Hatto scandal."   I had heard a little about this, but on the
Pristine site is a link to the entire story.
http://www.pristineclassical.com/HattoHoax.html   You all ought to take a look
at all of this information because it is a fascinating story of the technology
of faking the identity of sound recordings, and the technology of discovering
them.

There was a notorious example of this in the 70s when Boyd Neel's Unicorn recording of the Brandenburg Concertos was reissued on Olympic, and he screamed bloody murder because the tempos had been altered. No idea why, since it was already a 2-LP set.

On a lighter note, I wish we could convince David Hamilton and Tom Owen to release the recordings of The Caruso Brothers. This is even better than the Nelson Eddy recordings for Willie, the Operatic Whale.

The Caruso Brothers recorded "Short'nin' Bread"?

dl