Re: [ARSCLIST] Same thing both sides

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
A couple,but I can top that.I have a copy of "Musicmagic",by Return to
Forever.On side 2,is pressed side 1 of "Band On The Run".I also have an
unintentional 1967 split 45,by Cliff Richard    Our  Story Book",and The
Supremes "Reflections".
And bringing this back to 78rpm...

1) One side of some Canadian pressings of the 12" "Rhapsody In Blue"
is the ACOUSTIC original...not the electric later/more common recording...

I didn't know until recently that this occurred on one press run in the US as well, apparently quickly withdrawn (the Canadian mis-coupling is very common). And according to Larry Holdridge, the electrical A side is an alternate take. Maybe on the US issue..my Canadian pressing has take 6, same as on Scroll issues.

dl