Re: [ARSCLIST] Murcury Living Presence LP EQ

Doug Pomeroy wrote:
Date:    Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:48:11 -0500
From:    Sammy Jones <sjones69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Murcury Living Presence LP EQ

Thanks to all who have helped with my questions on Scotch audio tape.

Does anybody have EQ data for pre-stereo Mercury Living Presence LPs? The
LP in question is MG40007, Fred Fennell conducting the Eastman Wind
Ensemble, Marches by Sousa and Others.

Thanks for your help!

Sammy Jones

Mike Stosich gives it as 400 Hz bass turnover and a roll off of -12 at 10 kHz.

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services

By the way, a 1-mil stylus often produces better results than a .7 mil on Mercury mono LPs. I'm just listening to MG 40011, Eastman Symphonic Winds, over-cut and running practically onto the label on Side 2, and it sounds pretty darned fabulous even at the end. I had quite a bit of breakup with the .7 (not always the case with mono LPs but sometimes the wider point makes a difference).

dl