Re: [ARSCLIST] How to determine the state of tapes?

Hi Tom:

thanks for the quick answer!

My tape experience is limited. There is someone in-house who does have a lot
more tape experience. To me it seems to be reel tape in all kinds of sizes
and forms, recording speed, manufactors etc. assembled from the 1950s to the
introduction of DAT.

Just writing this I realize that at the moment I am looking more for
information resources than for solutions. That would make my question
something like: What is the a standard way or text-book way , if any, to
determine the state of tapes?

I will check and provide "much more specific" information.

Maurice