Re: [ARSCLIST] Cetra pressings

I am not an opera person,but the early 50s Italian-pressed Cetra operas are some of the most commonly seen early 50s operas out there.(At least I've seen a lot of them over the years.)Why not buy a couple,and see for yourself ?As far as the US ones go,the ones from the late 50s pressed by Capitol,usually are better than the earlier ones,which rank with the worst from Record Corporation of America, Plymouth,or Synthetic Plastics.

                               Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Anyone know if the early 50s Puccini one-acters (Gianni Schicchi, Il Tabarro,
Suor Angelica) sound any better on Italian pressings than they do in the
American ones, which seldom rise above the ghastly? Molto distorto, especially
in choruses and ensemble passages and I swear I heard radio static once or
twice. (Gianni is also mastered off-speed, 2.4% fast on side 1.)

Grazie.

dl