Re: [ARSCLIST] Concertapes - some more history

Also, it turns out a 3CD set of Fine Arts Quartet recordings was reissued with the Everest stuff by Omega or Vanguard in the 1990's. It is now available as an ArkivCD CDR.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Concertapes - some more history

On 30/10/07, Steven Smolian wrote:

I'm in the muddle of reorganizing my CDs and can't lay hands on
specific items at the moment, but I bought two or three Concert-Disc
sourced New York Woodwind Quintet reissues on a label which name I
don't recall.

Oddly enough, one of those arrived in my mail this morning.

The label is Boston Skyline Records.

The Solomon Omega line is not to be confused with the LP label of the
same name. The LP one had records by Claude Helfer, a terrific
pianist, and the conductor Argenta, among others.

Regards -- Don Cox doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx