Re: [ARSCLIST] 78rpm inner sleeves

Probably great for LPs, although the majority of ten-inch albums were made so tight that there's no room for anything but the disc.

I repeat my point, as a collector for over 45 years, that shellac 78s should never be kept in plastic lined sleeves. I don't even like them for LPs any more. Has anyone else had problems with Franklin Mint LPs becoming very filmy? Would you believe I now clean them and then put them in thin PAPER sleeves (the lightest ones sold by Bags Unlimited) and insert those in the heavier plastic sleeves?

Bags' new 12" plastic lined sleeves are a dubious product..only two thin sheets of plastic inside, and they don't reach the edge, so there are going to be issues of paper vs plastic contacting the disc and probably issues regarding whatever adhesive they use.

dl

Bertram Lyons wrote:
We've just purchased 10" poly-lined inner sleeves from Bags Unlimited.
They are made of pH-neutral paper, with inert polypropylene plastic on
the inside of the sleeve. They, for some reason, only come in
gold/yellow color.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=42&product_id=s10gp

-- Bertram Lyons

Project Manager / Dissemination Coordinator
Association for Cultural Equity
Alan Lomax Archive
450 West 41st Street, Room 606
New York, NY 10036