Re: [ARSCLIST] The dawn of commercial digital recordings

Tom: I can help you with item #3: the recording you refer to was the Virgil
Thomson\Gertrude Stein opera "The Mother of Us All," recorded during the
1976 summer season of the Santa Fe Opera.  The (fairly voluminous) recording
credits on the initial LP issue (New World NW-288, 2 LPs) read as follows:

Producer: Andrew Raeburn;
Recording Engineer: Jerry Bruck
Production Manager: Mark Dichter
Mastering: Lee Hulko, Sterling Sound
Recording facilities: Viking Studios, Denver, CO
Chief Engineer: Wade Williams
Assistant Engineers: George Counnas, Ron Oren, Darla Reddick
Recorded at The Armory for the Arts, Santa Fe, NM
Director: Alton Walpole; Assistants: David Bigelow, Matthew Heinz

This was reissued on CD as New World 80288, and is still available in that
format, according to the New World website.

Hope this is helpful,

David Hamilton