Re: [ARSCLIST] Modern Cylinder Phonograph

At 08:56 AM 10/19/2007, you wrote:
But USE AN ELLIPTICAL STYLUS. The Edison folks figured this out a long time ago....It's a wonder that some users of the Archeophone persist in bouncing off the mountain tops while never hitting the bottom. Two minute moulded "pressed" black wax CAN and DO sound just as good or better than four minute blue amberols if played correctly.

I have found my best results with a doorknob stylus mounted on the Stanton 500 cantilever

Kurt Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389