Re: [ARSCLIST] Recordings of lynchings?

I can vouch for this, as I have seen several of these postcards; at one time blatant racism was a totally acceptable thing in this country (as well as many other places, and still is in many ways and places even today) because the common view was that those people who were not from western Europe were not only not citizens (no matter how long they or their ancestors had lived here) but less than human, and thus not protected by the 'laws' of this country (the U.S.).  Too bad history isn't taught in the schools (and I say this with sadness, as a long time teacher).

  Gene

Alex Hartov <alexander.hartov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Nonsense!

They made post cards of it with prominent citizens in front. The
postal service at one time had to make rules that no such cards would
be delivered...

Alex