Re: [ARSCLIST] Dates needed: Eterna

The #9 is great.I have an early 60s stereo Eterna press,I bought in 2003 on eBay for three Euro.I have subsequently seen it go for over $200.00,more than once.I have seen several of these on eBay.None in a box,all (Mine included.)are quasi-stock/generic covers either with a quill pen,or with a photo of a statue of the young Beethoven on it.Two separate Lps in covers.

                                      Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Don Cox wrote:
> On 13/10/07, David Lennick wrote:
>
>> Can anyone put an approximate date to these? Beethoven Symphonies,
>> Franz Konwitschny and the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra.
>>
>> Eterna 820 105: Beethoven Symphony #7
>>     (mx numbers AA 698 034 1L and 2L in land..these look like Philips)
>
> It's probably the same recording as the one issued in the UK on Fontana
> in early 1960. My copy of this ("Made in England") has
>
> AA 875017 ^ 1Y = 6//420VV
> AA 875017 ^ 2Y = 1//420VV
>
> The carats are actually little triangles. 875017 is also the record
> number given on the sleeve, but there is also a sticker saying SCFL.113.
> The sleeve is printed in Holland, and the sticker is probably the UK
> number.
>
> Good performance, never issued on CD AFAIK.
>
> I have a stereo copy, but it was also sold in mono.
>
>> Eterna 820 106/7: Beethoven Symphonies 8 & 9
>>     (similar Philips type numbers in land: AA 698 035, 698 036)
>>
> In the UK, Symphony 9 was issued with Symphony 1, on two separate discs,
> according to the sleeve of the above. I don't have this.
>
>> dl
> Regards
My goof, neither do I..the set is Symphonies 1 & 9. DeLuxe box set for the
Eterna version, while #7 is in a simple sleeve open at the top (strange) and it
actually was inside the box containing 1 & 8.

(1960, eh? Too bad..)

dl