[ARSCLIST] Recordings of lynchings?

Hello-

I am a scholar in American literature and cultural studies. For a project on aural representations of African-Americans from approximately 1880-1920, I'm trying to find information about possible recordings of lynchings. There are references to such recordings in works by several recent historians, but some of the information comes from a single memoir, and some is simply presented without footnotes. I've tried the recorded sound and folklore collections at the LOC; they referred me to this list.

It seems quite possible that if these recordings were made, they were reenactments, given the technological challenges of recording with a horn. Even so, I'm interested in finding out anything possible about the production, distribution, and consumption of such recordings. Has anyone in the list ever encountered such a thing?

Many thanks for your help.

Best,
Gus
--